The 7.5KW FM transmitter, EM 7500 HE HOT PLUG, has been created by the OMB center of development for high efficiency transmitters with hot plug modules. It consists on four high efficiency 2KW amplifiers, FMA 2000 HE, with >73% efficiency (they can be externally used as 2KW amplifiers) and the EM 100 DIG PLUS, a 100W FM transmitter. The high efficiency 7.5KW amplifier has an approximate consumption of <11KVA, so it pays for itself in a short period of time due to its low consumption. This transmitter can be supplied with the following options:
– Stereo generator
– Web server/SNMP telemetry
– AES/EBU digital audio input
– Typical AC efficiency >73% and typical RF efficiency of 80%.
– Four hot plug and hot swap amplifying units, each one has two amplifying modules of 1.200W with robust LDMOS transistors of the latest technology.
– Power supplies connected in parallel to maintain the equipment working in case any of them fails. The power supplies of the amplifier are hot removable and interchangeable.
– TFT screen and touch keyboard to control and to visualize operation parameters.
– Memory recording of events.
– Speed control of cooling fans according to temperature of power modules so as to optimize consumption and to decrease acoustic contamination.
– Advanced protection against load mismatches without transmission cuts and fast protection in case of excessive reflected power and/or excessive input power.
– Analog telemetry, digital remote control and telemetry RS232, remote control by opened/closed contacts.
– Low pass filter, Mains EMI filter and internal single-phase transient suppressor.
– Automatic power reduction at night when used in combination with the EM 100 DIG PLUS transmitter.
– Automatic power reduction in case of high temperature, the equipment returns automatically to its rated power value when the temperature reaches back an average value.
– Automatic power reduction in case of excessive reflected power.
– Automatic voltage control for efficiency optimization.